August 16th marks my 1 year anniversary of signing up to be an Usborne Books & More consultant. It has far exceeded my expectations and has been such a blessing to my family!
When special occasions like this happen, I like to take some time to reflect, and I thought I’d share them with you 🙂
The 5 biggest wins in your business in the last year
- God giving me a vision for how far this business can take me & my family
- having an over $500 sale with 1 customer
- 4 people joining on my team
- earning dozens of free books for my family
- doing a summer reading challenge
3 top lessons you’ve learned
- when I ask someone if they want to host a party, and they say “no,” it’s not personal. It’s just like someone not wanting a glass of water at a restaurant.
- you have to interact and be personable with the guests (talk about your kids, share what your favorite book is and why, refer to their kids by name, etc.).
- if I work hard, I can do it
The greatest influence(s) that have had an effect on your business in the last year
- My hubs 😉
- Natalie from At Home with Natalie
- My Upline Team Leaders – Melissa Hoffman & Rebecca Lopez
The smartest decision you made
To start this business 😀
The biggest risk you took
One word that best sums up and describes last year’s experience
3 things you need to do less of in the next year
- take things personally
- limiting myself by talking myself out of things – like not asking friends, thinking I can’t earn a prize, etc.
- not share what I do with others
3 things you need to do more of in the next year
- bless people with free books / prizes
- blog about Usborne
- make videos
It’s been a great first year, and I really learned a lot! I am so expectant for this coming year and I cannot wait to see where God leads this business! 😀