I was looking for easy toddler breakfasts when I came across this recipe. I made a couple tweaks and it was a huge hit in my house so I decided it was worth sharing with my people 🙂
These plain-Jane muffins are a delicious breakfast or snack that your family is sure to enjoy. Our toddlers love these and I love knowing they are healthy.
Caution: these muffins seem to go bad quickly, so freeze whatever muffins you don’t plan on eating within four days.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, egg, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients and use a spoon to gently fold the ingredients together. Do not over-mix. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are set. Watch the muffins closely, so as not to overbake.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
- They taste amazing with butter, honey or peanut butter.